We are huge advocates of real trees, but Kevin spent the whole night trying to convince me to get a fake tree when we get married. Uh- NO. Not going to happen. I don't care if they are messy and take longer to set up. There is nothing like waking up to the smell of Christmas tree or snuggling up on the couch to watch a movie with the glowing lights on a real tree twinkling in the background. Am I right?
Even still, Kevin made this jar of tree branches [from some of the branches we had to cut off the bottom] to prove that we could stick this under a fake tree and it would still be the same. I think he noticed that I was sneezing a bunch when the tree was in our apartment and wanted to give me an allergy-free Christmas. I actually love the idea of Christmas in a jar! But I will take my stuffy nose for a real tree any day. The Dancing Statue of Liberty was added for pizzaz by yours truly.
12/2: Handwritten Note: I wrote a note to Kevin to help him feel better after a tough week at school.
12/3: Eat the Rainbow: Done and DONE! This was one of my favorites:)
12/5: Workout Buddy: I had an interview for a strength and conditioning center and did a workout with the manager- it was tough but awesome!
12/6: Operation Beautiful: I left notes for all my loved ones, including my sister. She had just finished a huge project at school and needed encouragement. Then, Kevin got all sneaky and left me a note on my pillow!
12/7: Purge your Fridge and Pantry: I am actually doing this one today, since I do my grocery shopping on Sundays. It should be fun!
12/8: Gratitude List: I am thankful for SO much in my life. Here are a few standouts~
- My family who loves and supports me every single day
- Kevin, the love of my life and my best friend
- My healthy body and the fact that God blesses me everyday with the ability to move
- Living 10minutes away from the beach
- Friends who are always there for me and who I love spending time with
- Financial Stability that God blesses me with every day. [well- as stable as a 23 year-old can be, haha]
- Music that inspires, comforts, and heals my soul
- Vegetables that fuel my body to do great things
- Living in America and having freedom that not many people have in this world
- My Education and the ability to keep on pursuing it for as long as I live
- The Laughter in my life that keeps me smiling, even through tough times.
Bearded Bros Giveaway Winner!!!
Here are all the names of those who entered the giveaway~
And the winner isssssss….
[Be sure to e-mail me at KaylieRuns@gmail.com so we can get in contact]
Alright, I have to get to the store for some grocery shopping. Talk to you guys tomorrow!
- Have you ever done Operation Beautiful?
- Any plans for this lovely Sunday?
I am currently sitting on my couch watching my friends play card games while I blog. I got too tired to play [because I sleep like a grandma... except my grandma stays up til 12am and it's only 11pm right now] so I decided to blog a bit before I hit the hay for the night.
Here is what my workouts looked like for the week~
3 Mile Run and a Core/Functional Training Workout
- Sprints- 800Mx3 @ around 3:20min
- 10×3 Box Jumps
- 10×3 DB Cleans
- 30sec Planks/ Side Planks
- Corrective Exercises for Hip Stability
Tuesday & Wednesday:
I had an interview at a sport performance gym, and part of the interview was a fitness assessment. [yikes!] The head coach had me and another guy do the following. I’ll be honest with you, I kind of forgot exactly what we did because I was in “Kaylie Interview Mode” but this is the gist of it.
We ran on this high-tech treadmill that records you running so you can fix your form. It was SOOO cool! We did 10-20second sprints at the following speeds and inclines-
- 10MPH at 20 incline
- 12MPH at 10 incline
- 2 40 yard sprints on the track
- 12MPH at 15 incline
- 13MPH at 10 incline
- 2 40 yard sprints on the track
- 13MPH at 15 incline
- 14MPH at 10 incline
- 1 40 yard sprint on the track
Oh my geez, this was such a hard workout! The coach focused a lot on getting us to use our hips and quads to lift our knees up high when we ran. He also corrected my posture and core muscles during the run which was awesome! I learned a lot about my running for sure.
I kind of got on a running/ sprinting kick, so I tried to think of things that would help me increase my hip power. So, I tried each cardio equipment and had the most spastic workout ever-
- 5min sprint intervals in the Stair Master [Alternated between level 7 and level 15 ever 30sec]
- 10min sprint intervals on the Treadmill [.10miles at 10MPH and .05 at 8MPH]
- 5min sprint intervals on the Elliptical [30sec at resistance 14 and 30 sec resistance 8]
- Plyometric Workout- pretty much just random jumping
- Foam Rolling- yeayyyy!!!
I am meeting a friend at the gym for a bit of a gym sesh! Here is my plan-
- 30min jog before she gets to the gym
- 1 hour of weight lifting/jumping roping/talking about our feelings and having a grand ol’ time
Alright, now that I have spewed every second of my workouts for the week, I want to thank you for listening to my words. Have a wonderful weekend & I will talk to you guys on Monday!!!
- What was your favorite workout this week?
Hello & Happy Friday!
I have been on a serious reading/podcast kick all week, so I thought I'd take some time to share with you all my favorite posts from the week. Also, I have some randomness in my brain that I'd like to get off my chest [...different body parts- I'm not making sense!!! :0] so we will have some fun with that, too.
This Week on Fitness Moves You~
- DON'T MISS OUT ON THE GIVEAWAY!!! There is still time to enter to win free energy bars from Bearded Bros. Do it. Right now.
- Goals for A Merry Christmas- I'm planning fun things to do to get myself and those around me in the holiday spirit!
- I am What I am Because of God's Grace- and so are you! We shouldn't doubt the person that God make each of us to be. He is perfect. And, in His infinite glory, he created us to be in His image.
- I planned my meals ahead of time for WIAW & it was very successful!!!
Random Recap of my Week~ 1. My “awesome” race pics from Turkey Trot- don't I look just the happiest? 3. Kevin found this superman at Barnes and Noble the other night. I love superman, but this looks like an old, botox-riden superman. Who created this?!?! Fav Posts of the Week~
Random Recap of my Week~
1. My “awesome” race pics from Turkey Trot- don't I look just the happiest?
3. Kevin found this superman at Barnes and Noble the other night. I love superman, but this looks like an old, botox-riden superman. Who created this?!?!
Fav Posts of the Week~
- 9 Ways to Balance your Hormones- from The Wellness Mama. Here is a hint: most of these are Paleo-related! Once again, I am getting one step closer to biting the bullet and giving up Christmas cookies for Paleo muffins.
- My Go-To Green Smoothies- from PBFingers. I'm with Julie- green smoothies are the bomb.com. I love drinking them when the weather gets colder to fight that pesky cold we all seem to fall victim to. They are yummy, healthy, and keep you full for quite some time. Plus all that fiber makes you -ahem- poop pretty regularly. [Pardon my poop talk]
- Cinnamon Pecan Crunch Cereal- from Cavegirl Cuisine. I have not tried this recipe, yet. But, with all these thoughts rolling around in my head about going back to Paleo and NOT being able to eat cereal [sad face] anymore, this recipe could not have come into my grasp at a better time. #runonsentence. I'm so excited to try it!
- Legs Catching Fire Workout- from Blonde Ponytail. Not only did I love Catching Fire, but I loved Jess' leg workout! She is such a great trainer and always has awesome workouts to share. This is another great one- and I can 100% endorse this workout becaue it is a leg workout and those are my favorite!!!
Alrighty, that is all I have for you today. I hope you have a great Friday!
- What is the best thing that happened to you this week?
- Do you have any plans tonight?
I am having a game night at my house with friends!!!
See ya~ Kay