Emily's bridal shower was a huge success! Christina and I (her best friend and my co-MOH) spent all last week planning the big day with Emily's soon-to-be-mother-in-law. We had the party at her house, and everyone had an awesome time!
Christina and I tried to make it as Pinterest-y as possible, because we knew Emily would like it!
Drinks with mason jars for everyone.
And gifts, of course!
It was such a wonderful time spent with most of our close family and friends. Emily and Brian were really celebrated and everyone had a great time!
After everyone left, Kevin and Brian came over and we spent the rest of the night playing games and eating some more food. Brian's mom and step dad really LOVE board games, so there was no doubt that we'd have an after party and play some Pictionary!
This is Amy (my Potential Best Friend) and she has no shame- 2 bowls of dorritos and cottage cheese. I love her. :)
Hii!!! How’s everything going?
Lately I’ve been attempting to grasp the whole working-full-time-while-still-getting-stuff-done-and-having-a-life thing, but I think I’m getting better at it. I seriously don’t know how all you full-time-workers still have time to sleep and cook food and be sane. You are awesome and I hope to be like you one day.
So there are a few things on my mind that I probably shouldn’t tell you but I’m going to anyway. Why? Because they’re on my mind and because they’re actually things that I’m pretty sure you think about, too.
1. I probably shouldn’t tell you this but I’ve been trying to poop more lately: Usually I’m a one and done kinda girl when it comes to poopin’. I use the restroom in the morning and then I’m done. But seriously, working with 40 other personal trainers means that you hear about people’s food intake and poop on a daily. Some people poop 4 TIMES A DAY?! Holy crap (pun intended) I gotta eat more fiber.
2. I probably shouldn’t tell you this but I broke my no coffee streak this morning: I went 5 days without coffee. 5 WHOLE DAYS. You guys, this is huge for me- I normally drink 2 cups of coffee a day. But I’m trying to not rely on caffeine so much (among other stimulants… :cough cough: chocolate) and I figured I’d try to get through my work week without drinking coffee. Bad idea. This whole week, I’ve been tired. And by whole week, I mean 3 days of work and 2 days off. I’m sad, I know- but I figure one of these days I’ll get my act together and stop drinking it all together. Unless I by a Keiurig.
3. I probably shouldn’t tell you this but I went and got ice cream last night: Just because. Sometimes you just need to spontaneously go out with your boyfriend and get gelato. It’s all about moderation, right?
4. I probably shoulnd’t tell you this but my sister is getting married in 3 weeks and I don’t have a place to live: Yet. We live together now but her fiance is moving in (obviously) so I’m getting kicked out and have to find my own place to live. My co worker and I might move in together, which will be sweeeet! But, we haven’t found a place, so I might have to move back in with my aunt for the time being. I should be more stressed out, but I’m really not.
Well, that’s all for now. I’m pooped and I want to lay down with my man and watch Jimmy Fallon.
- Do you ever think about your digestion? Or am I the only weird one? ;)
- What is one “cheat food” that you just can’t live without?
Ice Cream!!! I can go months without eating it, buuut it’s definitely not something I’ll give up for the rest of my life. I don’t care how unhealthy it is. I can live without french fries, chips, chicken wings, or Jack n the Box, but try taking away ice cream from me and I’ll kick ya.
I hate crunches.
Like, really? There are 4 different muscles that involve your “core”- and that’s not even including your back and hip muscles! Sure, crunches and sit ups are great to incorporate into your workout. But if I see another member at my gym doing 100 crunches everyday trying to get rid of their belly, I am going to scream!
I may be exaggerating, but there are just so many other ways to work your core and it is really important to do them ALL. What are they?
- Isometric Movements: Think planks. This is pretty much an anti-movement exercises and are great for stabilizing your spinal column.
- Movement Prevention Workouts: If you do exercises where you are preventing rotation of the trunk, it helps create strong oblique muscles!
- Balance/Mutli-Joint Movements: Compromising your balance automatically works all of your core muscles and makes for a great addition to your workout. Use stability balls, bosu balls, or even just standing on one leg and you will see a HUGE increase in your core strength!
So here is an example of 4 of my fav core exercises that ARE NOT crunches. Enjoy
In other news, I’m running a half marathon on Sunday!
My friend, Shanaz and I are running the San Diego RocknRoll half marathon and we are super pumped! Am I prepared? Probably not. But I’ve been working a lot on my power training and working so hopefully I don’t die. I’ll let you know if I do.
This will be our 4th half marathon running together and I’m pretty stoked to have some fun running for a couple hours super early in the morning. We’re crazy. Well- I made her crazy a couple of years ago when I was training her and I converted her into a runner. Those clients are my fav.
I’ve also been super busy getting Emily’s Wedding stuff planned!!! I’m so excited to host her bridal shower with all the bridesmaids and her fiance’s mom. PLUS- I’m really excited about the bachelorette party!!!!!!
I’ll keep you guys posted on the deets.
Alright, I’m off to eat some dinner.