Foodie Pen Pals & A VLOG- 5 Tips To Staying Healthy On Vacation
This month, I decided to participate in Foodie Penpals- something that I’ve wanted to do for awhile now! I don’t know why the heck I didn’t sign up like 13 months ago because, seriously, this was such a fun experience.
The lovely Lindsay hosts Foodie Pen Pals every month. It’s a program where she pairs 2 people up to exchange fun, health [or not-so-healthy :)] foods! It’s basically like having a pen pal but, instead of sending letters, you send food. Bottom line- you get food and you make a friend. It’s awesome!
- Almonds- My fav!!!!
- Almond Butter- Always good. Especially the individual packages because I can keep them in my car and eat them straight like a weirdo
- Sunflower Seeds- I haven’t had these in forever and was actually really excited to see them!
- Crasins- I use these all the time for my breakfast breads and I was out so these made me happy!
- Toffifay- I have never tried these before but I LOVED THEM! I’m pretty sure me and Kevin finished these bad boys in 2 days. No joke. They taste like Ferrerro Roche, but are really smooth and delicious!
I’m definitely going to do this next month- it’s so much fun!
I’m Going to Vegas~
So today I’m leaving for Vegas for the weekend. Fortunately, it will be a short trip, but I really hate going on vacation because it ruins my diet. I eat crap on the drive/plan ride there, eat way too many sweets and crap food while I’m there, and I don’t work out.
BUT- this trip will be different. It will be a test for myself to stay as healthy as possible and exercise each day we are there on this trip. I know, I know- it’s Vegas and working out and eating healthy seems illegal. But, seeing as there are 4 gyms on the strip [not including the hotel gym], I think I am meant to get in some great workouts on this trip.
I also want to eat healthy! Aside from Saturday’s lunch at my favorite restaurant EVER and taste-testing different Cokes at the Coke Factory, I’m going to try to prep my food and eat healthy, rather than eat out every meal. [btw- my fav restaurant has great food AND great chocolate so I'm totally spurlging and eating 2million calories worth of chocolate... I'll recap for you guys for sure!]
Food Prepping for Vacations~
Well I hope you guys have a lovely weekend! I will be sure to recap the trip when I get back. But I won’t be back to the blogging world til Monday. Until then, I’ll WILL be on Instagram and Facebook all weekend, so be sure to say hi!!!
Connect with Fitness Moves You!
Have a great weekend!
- Do you eat healthy on vacations?
- What is your favorite healthy meal to prep?