Fitness Goals 2014 & A Ton of Videos
Hey guys! It's Saturday, yo!
Last night, Kevin and I made dinner with 2 of our best friends, Alyssa and Scott. We dressed up fancy and ate homemade chicken fingers and veggies while exchanging gifts. The perfect combination.
Alyssa got me a shake weight because she knew that 1. I would yell and scream, “WHY DO PEOPLE BELIEVE FITNESS GIMICS LIKE THIS WILL BE THE MAGIC CURE TO WEIGHT LOSS?!?!?!” [she was right :)] and 2. After said screaming, Kevin and I would want to use it as an experiment to see if it actually worked. #gradstudentsinthemaking
After dinner, Alyssa showed us the music video for Say Something. Have you guys heard of this song? Christna Aguilara and A Great Big World sing it and it has become on of my favs as of late. But, holy cow, the music video is SOOOOO SADDDD!!! Just watch:
Everyone cried watching this… except me. No, I am not heartless. It's just I feel so awkward crying in front of a group of people, unless it is my immediate family. I'm not kidding. I used to see a counselor during my last year of college [because I am a crazy worry-wart and couldn't sleep] and I never once cried. We talked about some super heavy topics, but I just felt weird crying in front of someone that I didn't know too well. Anyway, this song is super sad and deep and meaningful and I am going to cry watching it by myself in the dark now. ;)
I will keep the workout recap short this week:
- Sprints [.25miles x 6 @ 1:33min each]
- Weights [Cleans, Box Jumps, Tuck Jumps, DB Snatches]
- 1Mile @ 8min
- Full Body Weights
- 3 Mile Run
- HIIT Training [100 Burpees, 100 KB Swings, 100 Jumping Jacks 60 OH Squats]
- Core [60 Push Ups, 2min Plank, 2min Superman]
All in all, I'm sad I only worked out 4 days. BUT- the 4 days I worked out were rockin', so I can't complain. I'm excited, too, because I am going to do a nice, slow, long run tomorrow morning AND some weights [hence the yoga day today, haha]
Fitness Goals 2014 [#elf4health]~
Tomorrow is the last day for #elf4health! [Booooo :(] I'm super sad.
Today's challenge is to think of fitness goals we want to accomplish in 2014. Here are mine:
1. Run a sub 2hr half marathon: I have one coming up on January 11th. So far, I feel confident that I can break 2 hours. I have been training comfortably at a 9:30/9:40min pace during my long runs, so I figure I can race at a 8:50min/9min pace in a couple weeks… I hope. ;)
2. Run a full marathon w/o dying: I think I have settled on running the OC Full Marathon. I know there are a few hills on this course, and people have warned me not to run a hilly course for my first race. But, I like the challenge and the OC Half Marathon is just such an awesome race that I feel led to run the full… hopefully I don't die.
3. Do a pull up: I am THIS close to being able to do an unassisted pull up. By this time next year, I want to be able to do 10 pull ups without breaking a sweat.
4. Hand Stand Push Up: I just want to do one of these that looks better than this…
I'm really excited about 2014. Going into the new year, this is honestly the strongest I have been. Usually I feel kind of defeated by any goals I set for myself. Inside my head, there is usually negative self-talk goin' on that isn't pretty. But, I've worked super hard the past couple of months and have improved so much. It's really like a domino effect when you start getting fit. After overcoming the first few stumbling blocks or fitness, it becomes so much easier to keep pushing yourself. The hardest part is the first step, really; but that is also the most important.
- How were your workout this week?
- Do you have any fitness goals?